Translate

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Purcell, Lexington and Sundog Trails

This morning I went South on 77 from Norman, Oklahoma to Purcell.  I pulled off and doubled-back to take a picture of an interesting lawn ornament (see below).  While riding on a bridge over the Canadian River (in between Lexington and Purcell) I noticed the shores on both sides were definitely ATV trails.  I rode to the top of a scenic overlook in Purcell and talked to an old lady for some time.  I asked her if she knew where I might be able to access the trails and she suggested turning right just after the bridge on the other side.  That is how I found Sundog Trails OHV park.

I had the pleasure of meeting the staff at Sundog, paid my fee and explored the trails.  There is a lot of sand, next to the river and a mixture of sand and mud throughout.  I almost dropped it a few times, got stuck on a hill etc...  There is a nice section with some decent whoops (is that what they call them?).  I had a video camera mounted to my crash bars, which turned out to be a tad too close to my 650cc thumper's engine.  Probably not worth editing the raw video, unless there's a rainy day with nothing to watch on television.  I shall return next week.


Scenic overlook in Purcell


I got a kick out of the back side of the entrance sign

No comments:

Post a Comment