Translate

Saturday, May 2, 2015

Gloss Mountain State Park, Oklahoma

Today I clocked 430 miles on the bike, round trip from Norman to Gloss Mountain State park and Salt Plains National Wildlife Refuge.  Gloss Mountain was awesome to behold, and today was a perfect day.  Crosswinds near the salt plains were horrible, and the salt flats were uninspiring to me.

I met a few very nice people.  A lady named Suzy who owns a pharmacy in Fairview who would not let me pay for a soda and stayed late talking to me.  Three separate times, while I was looking at my phone or map guys stopped to ask if I needed directions or help.  One guy pulled up in an old Land Rover to compliment my bike, and he was a R1150GS owner.  Another guy gave me directions and he has a couple old Hondas (cb550 and cl360).




I got stuck and had to remove my panniers to lighten up and pull the bike out by hand.

I dropped it three times while trying to pull it backwards
Finally, I did get the bike un-stuck and turned around.

Too bad, I would have loved to get a some salt flat pictures of the bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment