Translate

Monday, October 14, 2013

Kickstand safety switch got me




I brought the bike to Lincoln Marsh in Wheaton for a couple of pictures.  After taking a couple pictures, I noticed that the lighting was better on the other side of the lot.  I left the kickstand down and when I started pulling the clutch out to roll over there, the bike died immediately.  In my defense, the newest bike that I have ever owned until now was a 1982 KZ550.  I had heard of kickstand kill switches, but never had a motorcycle with one (although there have been a few times that it would have come in handy).  I sat there for a while, trying to rev it a bit while pulling the clutch-- etc., nothing made any sense.  Finally, after going for a short trail hike and coming back, it occurred to me that there must be a safety switch on the kickstand.  Lesson learned...

No comments:

Post a Comment