Translate

Monday, October 14, 2013

Repaired tail light, evicted stink bugs

After work last night, I took apart the tail light to figure out why it was not working (I was about to ride to work that afternoon when I checked the brake light and realized that neither it nor the running light were working).  It turned out to be a bad ground connection at a bullet connector under the fender.  Virginia mud must be slightly acidic.  After cleaning the three bullet connectors, I decided to remove the battery and charge it.  To my surprise, I found a small colony of live stink bugs living on and around the battery!  Luckily, they were very slow and not too bright.  I was able to catch every one that I saw with a pair of tweezers and a container.  Right now, I am waiting for the two hours to pass after fogging the garage.


No comments:

Post a Comment