Translate

Monday, January 6, 2014

Fabricated dash panel

I used Big Cee Engineering's template and reconfigured the mounts to suit my needs.  I haven't mounted it yet, but it seems to be a good fit.  Big Cee's plans use the existing windshield mounting holes, which makes sense.  My dash will mount below the windshield and require new holes to be drilled.  I am considering using Dzuz 1/4-turn fasteners to create an easily removable, blind mount.  I purchased two weatherproof accessory lighter outlets and a backlit LCD voltage monitor.  I plan to mount the other outlet near the tail of the bike, wired straight to the battery (in-line fuse); this one will be switched with the key.  The switch on the far left side is a DPDT (ON-OFF-ON) 20 amp lighted rocker.  I will use one side to turn on the headlight and the other side for the cooling fan.  That way, when riding off-road with the fan running constantly, there will be less drain on the battery (because the headlight and tail lights will be turned off).  The switch on the far right side is a SPST 3A lighted rocker which I may use for heated grips.  Both switches will require ground wires, of course, in order to make their lamps light up.  The big rectangular hole is where the voltmeter will mount (currently en-route from eBay Hong Kong).





No comments:

Post a Comment