Translate

Monday, March 24, 2014

Reinstalled the rotor and stator cover

The new flywheel bolt came today from Eagle, so I carefully installed the flywheel/starter clutch and gears.  I lubed the clutch rollers and secondary gear bearings with molybdenum disulphide grease as instructed by Clymer.  After seating the flywheel and then torquing it to specs, the big starter gear turned one way and not the opposite way (good), and I rotated the crank a couple of times before and after the stator cover was installed. 

I installed the stator cover from the parts bike to hopefully prevent any additional rotor damage.  The old cover had a bent bracket holding the pickup coil wires which seemed to be what the rotor collided with.

Unfortunately, the bike did not start after that and I had to go to work.  Bummer!

The stator coils did not appear to be damaged

Looks like the pickup coil's magnet took a hit, so I installed the spare stator cover

No comments:

Post a Comment