Translate

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Installed pannier boxes

Finally, after waiting 3 months for these boxes to arrive and another week of procrastination, my panniers are mounted.  I really would not have chosen these because they are way too big to look cool, but the price was right.
Without a center stand, the swing arm stand was essential for the installation
That's my '82 KZ550A in the background
Ready for adventure, or grocery-getting
The paint on the boxes is of poor quality, but then so is the paint on my plastics!
There was not enough flatwashers to use some as spacers (as instructed) so I used 3/8" lockwashers and no threadlock
I was too lazy to remove the side covers, so a sharp nail and locking pliers did the trick
The total width is over 36" and it looks stupid.
Damn, I just added about 25 pounds to my bike.  Its a good thing they are easily removable.

No comments:

Post a Comment