Translate

Sunday, July 20, 2014

R/R front brake pads and rotor

Since I have owned the bike, the front rotor has had a rusty ring on one side, obviously indicating a problem and reduced brake grab.  Stupidly, I have been putting the brake job off- even though there have been a couple of times when I could have used a bit more stopping power (cars turning left in front of me mostly).  I had sold the bent front wheel off of the parts bike, but kept the rotor for this reason.
There is a directional arrow on the rotor, which faces left
The pads and caliper pins seemed to move freely, but for some reason the inboard pad wasn't fully seating on the rotor
I found the speedo washer badly bent
A vise and a ball peen hammer took care of that
I added some grease after this pic was taken
The hub and bearings were in good shape
I didn't have any "non-permanent" thread locker (or couldn't find it) so I put liquid paper on the bolts

No comments:

Post a Comment