Translate

Monday, April 14, 2014

Installed Tusk Pannier racks

I purchased these pannier racks from RockyMountainATVmc.com, along with the Tusk panniers.  The pannier boxes were on back-order, and they were nice enough to ship the racks separately (free shipping on both!).  I found the video very helpful, and instructions were included on paper in the box.  I decided to upgrade to 10.9 grade bolts, purchased from my local Ace Hardware for about $18.  The grade 8 bolts that came with the kit were questionable, in my opinion.

I did not use the butt connectors that were supplied for lengthening the turn signal wires.  Instead, I disassembled both signals and soldered additional wires inside.
Instead of cutting off the nubs on the signal stalk, I drilled holes in the spacer 
The holes for the helmet lock bolts were too small for the 6mm bolts

No comments:

Post a Comment